- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Meier - 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Erwin Meier of Washington, N.C., celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a dinner and reception Jan. 18, 2008, at Grace Lutheran Church in Washington.
Hosts were their children and spouses, Judy and Jerry Jennette of Washington, and James and Kim Meier of Wilson, N.C.
Meier and Flora Maintz were married Jan. 18, 1958, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Friedheim, by the Rev. Arthur Rasch. Meier is the son of the late William and Lydia Ahrens Meier of Cape Girardeau. Mrs. Meier is the daughter of the late William and Flora Tuschoff Maintz of Oak Ridge.
Meier was an electronic engineer and had worked at KFVS-TV before moving to Washington. They are founding members of Grace Lutheran Church.
The couple has four grandchildren, Sara and Joshua Meier, and Isaac and Jason Jennette.