- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Cape County boy writes letter, hears from President Donald Trump (11/10/17)
- Medical marijuana may go to voters for decision (11/8/17)4
- Fourth-grade teacher Andrea Cox teaches students how to code, adapt to new technology (11/10/17)
Why bother to vote at all?
To the editor:I wish someone could tell me why we bother to get out and vote in the primary or general elections. Our vote does not count. The votes for the Electoral College are the ones that elect our president. Refer to the recent caucuses in Nevada.
ANITA B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge