- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Why bother to vote at all?
To the editor:I wish someone could tell me why we bother to get out and vote in the primary or general elections. Our vote does not count. The votes for the Electoral College are the ones that elect our president. Refer to the recent caucuses in Nevada.
ANITA B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge