- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Why bother to vote at all?
To the editor:I wish someone could tell me why we bother to get out and vote in the primary or general elections. Our vote does not count. The votes for the Electoral College are the ones that elect our president. Refer to the recent caucuses in Nevada.
ANITA B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge