- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Why bother to vote at all?
To the editor:I wish someone could tell me why we bother to get out and vote in the primary or general elections. Our vote does not count. The votes for the Electoral College are the ones that elect our president. Refer to the recent caucuses in Nevada.
ANITA B. SLINKARD, Oak Ridge