- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Edwards - Young
Jill Edwards and Zachary Young were married July 28, 2007, at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. The Rev. Dave Hulshof performed the ceremony. Pianist was Lenny Kuper of Cape Girardeau. Vocalists were Rob Turner of Chicago and Michael Siramaturous of Houston, Texas.
The bride is the daughter of John and Pat Edwards of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Ron and Delaine Young of St. Charles, Mo., and Ellen and Dave Sachs of Villa Ridge, Mo.
Maid of honor was Claire Edwards of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Sarah Young, sister of the groom, Laura Edwards, sister-in-law of the bride, both of Cape Girardeau; Cassie Smith of Rockford, Ill., Anne Ackerson of Taylorville, Ill., Bonnie Essner of Chicago, Amanda Sharp-Parker of Cape Coral, Fla., and Christine Kimball of Long Island, N.Y.
Luke Young of St. Charles served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Josh Young of St. Louis, brother of the groom; Ben Edwards of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride; Josh Zelnis of St. Charles, David Visintine of St. Louis, Brian Good of St. Charles, Marcus Stucke of Festus, Mo., and Jason Jones of Denver, Colo.
The reception was held at Plaza Conference Center. Guest book attendants and servers were Tiffani DeManuele and Hilary DiMercurio of St. Charles.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 27 at Buckner Brewing Co.
Mrs. Young received bachelor and master of arts degrees in communication sciences and disorders from St. Louis University.
The groom received a bachelor of arts degree in education from Lindenwood University in St. Charles.
After a wedding trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico, the couple resides in O'Fallon, Mo.