- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- New Cape clinic to help opioid addicts (8/18/18)1
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- Trevor Blattner's passion away from the dentist's chair (8/18/18)
- Man arrested at restaurant after alleged shot fired in the area (8/16/18)2
- Appeal to Sikeston PD (8/17/18)
- Southeast to be pet-friendly in the fall (8/17/18)2
- Juden stepping down as Mo. public safety director (8/18/18)4
- Police: Stalking claim at Jackson park deemed misunderstood prank (8/14/18)
- Health officials studying church picnic as salmonella outbreak hits 50 (8/18/18)1
Ste. Gen dumps Rams
Ste. Genevieve used a 17-point third quarter to pull away from Scott City and earn the 54-44 victory in girls basketball action Wednesday night.
The Rams trailed by three at halftime before the Dragons pushed the lead to 12 points heading to the final quarter. Scott City (5-11) tried to cut into the lead, but didn't have enough down the stretch.
Ste. Genevieve converted its chances from the free-throw line, going 15-of-21 (71 percent).
Donielle Howell led the Rams with 11 points, while Becky Holder added 10.
Scott City returns to action Jan. 31 against Sikeston.
Ste. Genevieve (54) -- Megan Schenck 5, Stephanie Rector 23, Lindsey Burgert 4, Holley Fox 10, Tisha Meyer 6, Ashley Armbruster 6. FG 19, FT 15-21, F 19 (3-pointers: Schenck 1. Fouled out: T. Meyer)
Scott City (44) -- Stephanie Essner 3, Becky Holder 10, Donielle Howell 11, Whitney Tapley 9, Emily Essner 3, Caitlyn Cotner 4, Ashley Brant 4. FG 14, FT 15-25, F 17 (3-pointers: E. Essner 1. Fouled out: E. Essner)
-- From staff reports