- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
THEBES, Ill. -- Dixie E. McHughs, 75, of Thebes died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008, at her home.
She was born Feb. 24, 1932, in Oakland, Tenn., daughter of Daniel and Mabel Siebert Fedderly. She and Vernon McHughs were married Oct. 7, 1948, in Olive Branch, Ill. He died Jan. 14, 1998.
McHughs was a member of Lighthouse Bible Baptist Church and its Ladies Auxiliary in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include five sons, William B. McHughs of Thebes, Charles G. (Deborah) McHughs of Artesia, N.M., Larry E. (Leslie) McHughs of Thebes, Steven R. McHughs of McClure, Ill., Vernon G. (Hope) McHughs of Thebes; five daughters, Evelyn P. McHughs of Gypsum, Colo., Deborah F. McHughs of Thebes, Rebecca L. Craver of McClure, Emily K. (James) Spray of Thebes, Mary G. (Mike) Smith of Cape Girardeau; 25 grandchildren; and 36 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four brothers, four sisters, a daughter, a son-in-law, a grandchild and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. David Pringle officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Lighthouse Children's Church, 2926 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.