- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Doris Jean Berry, 76, of Oak Ridge died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2008, at Landmark Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 4, 1932, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Rueben "Buss" and Lucy Myrtle Reynolds Whittaker.
Berry worked at Davis Electric in Cape Girardeau from 1952 to 1962. She owned and operated Oak Ridge Cafe from 1980 to 1990. She was a member of Caney Fork Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Robin Fornkohl of Cape Girardeau, Dean Berry of Friedheim; four daughters, Brenda Renner of Cape Girardeau, Frankie Hotop of Perryville, Mo., Becky Ruesler of Friedheim, Lila Brown of Oak Ridge; three sisters, Retha Popp, Peggy Blaylock and Antoinette McLain, all of Cape Girardeau; 19 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, two sisters and a great-granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Estes officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.