- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Cash thrown from car during chase
LOS ANGELES -- Handfuls of cash were hurled into the streets as police chased suspects in a bank robbery Tuesday.
One person was arrested after a pursuit through two counties at speeds topping 100 mph, Los Angeles police said.
Costa Mesa police Sgt. Bryan Glass said three masked gunmen held up a Downey Savings branch, fled in a getaway car, then switched to another vehicle.
The second car led police on a chase along freeways from Orange County into Los Angeles County.
In Los Angeles, the chase moved from freeways onto streets as someone in the car threw at least three wads of money out a car window.
Police did not say if any money was found in the car, and there was no word on what happened to the money thrown out during the chase.