- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)2
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cash thrown from car during chase
LOS ANGELES -- Handfuls of cash were hurled into the streets as police chased suspects in a bank robbery Tuesday.
One person was arrested after a pursuit through two counties at speeds topping 100 mph, Los Angeles police said.
Costa Mesa police Sgt. Bryan Glass said three masked gunmen held up a Downey Savings branch, fled in a getaway car, then switched to another vehicle.
The second car led police on a chase along freeways from Orange County into Los Angeles County.
In Los Angeles, the chase moved from freeways onto streets as someone in the car threw at least three wads of money out a car window.
Police did not say if any money was found in the car, and there was no word on what happened to the money thrown out during the chase.