- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
Cash thrown from car during chase
LOS ANGELES -- Handfuls of cash were hurled into the streets as police chased suspects in a bank robbery Tuesday.
One person was arrested after a pursuit through two counties at speeds topping 100 mph, Los Angeles police said.
Costa Mesa police Sgt. Bryan Glass said three masked gunmen held up a Downey Savings branch, fled in a getaway car, then switched to another vehicle.
The second car led police on a chase along freeways from Orange County into Los Angeles County.
In Los Angeles, the chase moved from freeways onto streets as someone in the car threw at least three wads of money out a car window.
Police did not say if any money was found in the car, and there was no word on what happened to the money thrown out during the chase.