- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Cash thrown from car during chase
LOS ANGELES -- Handfuls of cash were hurled into the streets as police chased suspects in a bank robbery Tuesday.
One person was arrested after a pursuit through two counties at speeds topping 100 mph, Los Angeles police said.
Costa Mesa police Sgt. Bryan Glass said three masked gunmen held up a Downey Savings branch, fled in a getaway car, then switched to another vehicle.
The second car led police on a chase along freeways from Orange County into Los Angeles County.
In Los Angeles, the chase moved from freeways onto streets as someone in the car threw at least three wads of money out a car window.
Police did not say if any money was found in the car, and there was no word on what happened to the money thrown out during the chase.