- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Ruby Lois Yount, 75, of Marble Hill, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008, at the home of her son.
She was born June 17, 1932, at Malden, Mo., daughter of Lee and Bessie Hanks Hughes.
She married Frank Harry Yount on June 19, 1948. He preceded her in death Sept. 8, 1995.
She was an inspector for the Henchel Hat Manufacturer and a member of the Lutesville General Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Bill C. Yount and Frankie Carl Yount, both of Marble Hill; three brothers, Richard Hughes of Collinsville, Ill., John Hughes of Malden, Robert Hughes of Springfield, Mo.; two sisters, Helen Batson of Crown Point, Ind., Marilyn Gurlen of Collinsville; nine grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, two brothers and a grandson.
Friends may call from 9 to 11 a.m. Friday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. Michael Grady officiating.
Burial will be at Liberty Cemetery near Marquand, Mo.