- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PATTON, Mo. -- William Ferdinand Smith, 95, of Patton, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008, at Monticello House in Jackson.
He was born June 2, 1912, in Patton, son of Jasper Newton and Janie Matelda Tinnin Smith.
He married Gladys Ilene Johnson on Dec. 14, 1938. She preceded him death Jan. 1, 1995. He then married Viola Geraldine Long in 2001.
He was a farmer and a member of Old Bethel Freewill Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Geraldine Smith; three sons, Roy Smith of Marquand, Mo., Kenneth Smith of Sedgewickville, Mo., and Donnie Smith of Millersville; two daughters, Nelda Faye Sides of Millersville, and Doris Smothers of Gordonville; a sister, Irene Yamnitz of Patton; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, two sisters and a grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Bob Thebeau, Randy Shrum and Vernon Long officiating.
Burial will be in Old Bethel Cemetery near Patton.