- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape native looks for votes in TV contest
Cape Girardeau native Liesl Schoenberger has a shot at becoming "America's Hot Musician," but she needs help.
Schoenberger is an accomplished violinist and fiddler who now attends the University of Indiana, where she's studying for a master's degree in music.
Last year Schoenberger filmed episodes for a instrumental music talent competition called "America's Hot Musician," produced by the not-for-profit American Youth Symphony. The show was originally set to air on the Oxygen Network, but the sale of the network canceled the contract, and the two parties are now locked in a legal battle.
The winner will now be decided by voting at the show's Web site, www.americashotmusician.org. Visitors can watch episodes then vote for their favorites. Voting continues through Feb. 15.