- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council action 1/23/08
Consent ordinances, second and third readings
* Accepted fee simple interest, a permanent slope easement and a temporary construction easement from Danny Stratton for the construction of Fountain Street and other projects.
* Accepted a grant of easement from Dalhousie, LLC, to serve the Lochs of Dalhousie Subdivision in Sewer District 17-1-A.
* Accepted a grant of easement from Dalhousie, LLC, to the City of Cape Girardeau, to serve the Highlands of Dalhousie Subdivision Phase IV in Sewer District 17-1-A.
* Accepting a grant of easement from Dalhousie, LLC, to serve the Highlands of Dalhousie Phase IV in Sewer District 17-1-A.
* Approved the record plat of The Highlands at Dalhousie -- Phase IV.
* Approved agreement with AT&T Mobility relating to business license taxes.
* Approved agreement with Sprint relating to business license taxes.
* Approved agreement within US Cellular relating to business license taxes.
* Accepted a general warranty deed from Claude and Dorothy Foeste for the realignment of Lombardo Drive.
* Authorized the mayor to execute a quitclaim deed to Claude and Dorothy Foeste for the property transfer needed for the realignment of Lombardo Drive.
* Accepting quit claim deeds from Brenda J. Stocklas, F. William Stocklas, Barbara E. Cullen Tobin, Larry Tobin and the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for the reconfiguration of Kingsway Drive Project.
* Approved the record plat of the Lochs at Dalhousie -- Phase IV.
* Accepted a permanent utility easement from North Pointe Center, LLC, for the North Point Center Phase II water line.
* Vacated the city's interest in the street right-of-way adjacent to Northview Acres subdivision known as Cardinal Lane.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a development agreement with Vernon E. Rhodes Family Partners, L.P., and Rhodes Development Company, LLC, for construction of the reconfiguration of Kingsway Drive.
* Authorized the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 5 to the General Agreement for Engineering Services with S.H. Smith & Co. Inc. for the design of a sanitary sewer line in Fountain Street Phase 2.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a planning assistance to states agreement between the Department of the Army and the City of Cape Girardeau for the Cape La Croix Sinkhole Study.
* Approval of a 5 percent beer by the drink liquor license for Salamy Twins, Inc., d/b/a Phoenicia, 1000 N. Sprigg St., Emad Salamy, Managing Officer.
* Tabled the contract with the Cape Girardeau County Transit Authority for public transportation services.
* Set a public hearing on the 2008-2013 Capital Improvements Program for Feb. 19.
* Accepted the comprehensive plan.
* Accepted improvements completed on the Historic Cape Girardeau Bridge Restoration Project, and authorizing final payment to Nip Kelley Equipment Company Inc., contingent upon receipt of the remaining final documentation.