- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mo. woman, 72, and her two sons face drug charges
ELSBERRY, Mo. (AP) -- A 72-year-old eastern Missouri woman and her two sons face federal drug charges.
A grand jury this month indicted June Howard and her sons, 43-year-old Brent Sherman and 48-year-old William Sherman. All three live in Elsberry.
U.S. Attorney Catherine Hanaway says the three grew marijuana on their property in Lincoln County in October. Brent Sherman also faces a weapons charge.
All three are charged with maintaining a property for the purpose of manufacturing or distributing marijuana.
The sons are also charged with manufacturing marijuana, and Brent Sherman faces a charge of being a previously convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
None of the three suspects had a listed phone number.
Information from: Hannibal Courier-Post, http://www.hannibal.net