- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Health calendar 1/22/08
* Angels of God prayer group: 6 p.m. in the Pastoral Care conference room at Saint Francis Medical Center. For parents who have lost a child of any age. Call 331-5146 Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. with questions. The day you plan to attend, call 331-5118 and leave a message for Father Augustine.
* Relay for Life kickoff: 5 to 7 p.m. at the Immaculate Conception Parish Center. Team packets will be available and the American Cancer Society staff and volunteers will be there to answer questions and review packets. For more information or to participate, call Kaci Hubbard at 334-9197 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Flu Shot Clinic: 7 to 10 a.m. at Fitness Plus. There is a cost. Medicare and insurance not accepted. No appointment necessary. Call 331-5316 for more information.
* HERS Group: 6 p.m. at Fitness Plus. Health and Exercise Resource and Support Group will have an introductory meeting. Group is for female members 45 to 60 to learn new exercise tips.
* Freedom From Smoking: 11:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m. in the Saint Francis Health and Wellness Center conference room. The seven-week American Lung Association program to help tobacco users kick the habit. There is a cost. For more information or to register, call Carrie Copeland at 275-2177.
* Nitty Gritty on Nutrition: 5:30 p.m. in the Health and Wellness conference room. A registered dietitian will offer up-to-date information on food and nutrition with real-life insights to help you meet your health and nutrition goals. Free. Call 331-5940 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Community Foot Screening: 8 a.m. to noon at the Saint Francis Medical Center Health and Wellness conference rooms. Free. No registration required. Call Cape Foot Clinic at 331-1080 for more information.
* Childbirth Preparation Class: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. To ease participants' concerns and give a positive, confident attitude toward labor and delivery. Includes what to expect throughout the birthing process, methods of relaxation and breathing and a video on Caesarean section deliveries. Free. Registration is required. Call Generations at 651-5825 or go to www.southeastmissourihospital.com to register.
Refresher Childbirth Class: 6 to 8 p.m. in meeting room 108 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. A one-session review of labor, delivery, interventions and sibling rivalry issues for those who have had a child. Free. Call Generations at 651-5825 to register or go to www.southeastmissourihospital.com.