- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
KELSO, Mo. -- Georgianna Clara Essner, 75, of Kelso died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 29, 1932, at Kelso, daughter of Louis Adam and Leona Agnes Scherer Essner.
Essner had been a bundler at Ralph Edwards Sportswear. She was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso and its Ladies Sodality, and VFW Auxiliary Post 6407 in Scott City.
Survivors include three brothers, Cletus and Paul Essner of Kelso, and Eugene Essner of Brightwood, Va.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. Parish prayers will be at 6.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Augustine Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will be in St. Augustine Cemetery.