- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
KELSO, Mo. -- Georgianna Clara Essner, 75, of Kelso died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 29, 1932, at Kelso, daughter of Louis Adam and Leona Agnes Scherer Essner.
Essner had been a bundler at Ralph Edwards Sportswear. She was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso and its Ladies Sodality, and VFW Auxiliary Post 6407 in Scott City.
Survivors include three brothers, Cletus and Paul Essner of Kelso, and Eugene Essner of Brightwood, Va.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. Parish prayers will be at 6.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Augustine Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will be in St. Augustine Cemetery.