- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ELCO, Ill. -- Reba M. White, 84, of Elco died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 18, 1923, in Elco, to Loyie and Flossie Lessar West. She married Herman Miller, who preceded her in death. She married Jesse E. White Jr. Aug. 29, 1947.
White was a member of Elco Methodist Church and taught Sunday school 10 years. She was a member of Modern Woodmen of America.
Survivors include her husband, Jesse, of Elco; a son, Kenneth Miller of Marion, Ill.; a granddaughter, Tammy Sipperly of Lakeland, Fla.; four great-grandchildren, Rose andNathan Sipperly and Matthew and Michael Williams; a brother, Paul West of West Frankfort, Ill.; a sister, Betty (Dave) Hutchison of Tamms, Ill.; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Herman Miller; parents; two brothers, Charles West and Dean West; and a grandson, Dion Miller.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, with the Rev. Rob Grief officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.