- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Ruth Wright, 87, of Jonesboro, formerly of Wolf Lake, Ill., died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008, at Jonesboro Health Care Center.
She was born Aug. 4, 1920, in Kansas City, Kan., daughter of George and Clara Mae Hoopes Whinery.
Survivors include four daughters, Clara Folsom and Edna Franks of Kansas City, Eva Strough of Anna, Ill., Ruby Smith of Wolf Lake; seven sons, George Coldren of Coronado, Calif., Kelley Wright of Haughton, La., Harold King of Iowa, Gary Coldren, Larry Coldren, Willis Smythe and Claude Smythe.
She was preceded in death by a son and two daughters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Stamp officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.