- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Ruth Wright, 87, of Jonesboro, formerly of Wolf Lake, Ill., died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008, at Jonesboro Health Care Center.
She was born Aug. 4, 1920, in Kansas City, Kan., daughter of George and Clara Mae Hoopes Whinery.
Survivors include four daughters, Clara Folsom and Edna Franks of Kansas City, Eva Strough of Anna, Ill., Ruby Smith of Wolf Lake; seven sons, George Coldren of Coronado, Calif., Kelley Wright of Haughton, La., Harold King of Iowa, Gary Coldren, Larry Coldren, Willis Smythe and Claude Smythe.
She was preceded in death by a son and two daughters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Stamp officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.