- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape/Jackson police report 1/22/08
The Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Brenda J. Mitchell, 47, 216 S. Middle St., No. 1, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for parole violation.
* Bi-State Southern, 920 N. Kingshighway, reported a theft of gasoline.
* Jasper's, 1008 N. Kingshighway, reported a theft of gasoline.
* The theft of a purse was reported at 920 Themis St.
* Nationwide Insurance, 1 N. Sunset Blvd., reported a sign marked with graffiti.
* Regional Eyecare Center, 1749 Independence St, suite C, reported a sign marked with graffiti.
* Damage to a screen and window was reported at 835 Morgan Oak St.
* Massie, Barnett & Webb Funeral Home reported a building marked with graffiti.
* Ken Campbell Insurance, 75 Sheridan Drive, reported a sign marked with graffiti.
* An ex parte violation was reported.
* A 41-year-old man was placed in protective custody.
* Healing Arts Pharmacy, 3250 Gordonville Road, reported a fraudulent attempt to obtain a controlled substance.
* A 20-year-old man was placed in protective custody.
The Jackson Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Stephen M. Mantz, 53, 209 Elm St., was arrested for stealing, driving while suspended, failure to have insurance and failure to register.
* Daniel V. Abernathy, 18, 137 South Lane, was issued a summons in connection with failure to drive in a single lane and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* A theft was reported in the 1000 block of Oakland Drive.
* A theft was reported in the 100 block of West Jackson Boulevard.
* A theft was reported in the 900 block of Old Cape Road.
* A theft was reported in the 900 block of West Independence Street.
* An assault was reported in the 500 block of South Hope Street.
* A court order violation was reported in the 100 block of North Bellevue Street.
* A court order violation was reported in the 400 block of White Oak Street.
* A peace disturbance was reported in the 100 block of South Bellevue Street.
* A peace disturbance was reported in the 200 block of Morgan Street.
* A peace disturbance was reported in the 1000 block of Greensferry Road.
* A domestic disturbance was reported in the 200 block of North Farmington Road.
* A missing person was reported in the 5500 block of Lexington Drive.