- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lohan, Murphy lead nominations for Razzie awards
LOS ANGELES -- Advice for actors looking to get nominated for worst performance: multiple roles help.
Lindsay Lohan and Eddie Murphy scored multiple nominations Monday for the Razzies, which sort out the worst that Hollywood dredged up the previous year.
Lohan's thriller, "I Know Who Killed Me," in which she plays two characters who may or may not be the same person, received a leading nine Razzie nominations, among them worst picture.
Murphy's "Norbit" received eight nominations, five of them for Murphy alone: as worst actor in the title role, supporting actress as Norbit's beefy wife, supporting actor as an Asian man and worst screen couple for Norbit opposite either of his other characters.
Murphy also shared a screenplay nomination for co-writing "Norbit."
According to Razzies founder John Wilson, Murphy's closest competition for worst screen couple is Lohan in "I Know Who Killed Me," in which she plays a small-town girl abducted by a psychopath and an alter-ego, a stripper who's missing body parts.
"'I Know Who Killed Me' is the most fabulously brainless movie since 'Showgirls,'" which Razzie voters picked as the worst movie of the 1990s, Wilson said.