- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
'Killshot' takes aim at April release, according to IMDb.com
Think you can guess when "Killshot" will finally hit the big screen?
Care to place a bet on it? You might be facing some long odds.
The latest word on the Web is that "Killshot" -- the Quentin Tarantino-produced movie based on the Elmore Leonard book and set partially in Cape Girardeau -- will finally be released April 11.
IMDb.com, the Internet Movie Database, is reporting that "Killshot" will be released April 11, though it doesn't specify if the date is for a theatrical release or other release.
Leonard's blog site, elmoreleonard.com, reports the date as unofficial, but a Weinstein Co. (the film's studio) representative said the film will be released in April.
Scenes in "Killshot" -- starring Thomas Jane, Diana Lane, Mickey Rourke and Joseph Gordon-Levitt and directed by John Madden -- were filmed in Cape Girardeau in January 2006. Part of the story takes place in Cape Girardeau.
Since the local shoot the film's date has been pushed back numerous times and reports said some scenes needed to be reshot. Other reports that Cape Girardeau has been cut out of the film are untrue, according to Leonard's site. The Weinstein Co., meanwhile, has kept the details of what's happening with "Killshot" top secret.
With as many times as the date has changed, April 11 might be a risky bet. As we've seen, nothing is certain with "Killshot."
-- Matt Sanders