- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Lester Burger Jr.
Lester Charles Burger Jr., 69, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Jan. 18, 2008, at home.
He was born June 13, 1938, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lester Charles and Stella Mae Parks Burger Sr. He and Alice Burns were married Aug. 7, 1976, in Cape Girardeau. She died July 15, 2003.
Burger was employed as a mechanic for 23 years by the city of Cape Girardeau, retiring in 2003. He was a member of Teamsters Local No. 41 in Kansas City, Kan.
Survivors include a daughter, Debby Lee Lyerla of Cape Girardeau; three sons, Lester C. "Chuck" Burger III of Cape Girardeau, Thomas R. Burger of Huntsville, Texas, Keith A. Cline of Phoenix; two brothers, Marvin Burger of Zalma, Mo., Gerald Burger of Rockview, Mo.; two sisters, Betty Kinder of Cape Girardeau, Joyce Burger of Jackson; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home, with the Rev. Don Henson officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.