- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. --Charles Garrett, 81, of Anna, formerly of Branson, Mo., and Pekin, Ill., died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008, at Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born May 1, 1926, in Rockport, Ind., the son of Richard and Minnie Green Garrett. He married Ruth Meyer on Aug. 8, 1948. She died March 13, 2004.
Garrett retired after 30 years of service with Caterpillar, where he worked in machine repair.
He is survived by two daughters, Penny Beisner of Anna and Lori Vanderpool of Branson; four sons, Charles Garrett and John Garrett both of Pekin, David Garrett of Port Orchard, Wash., and Tom Garrett of Branson; 10 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Richard Garrett.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna-Jonesboro.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bob Richardson officiating. Interment will be in Anna Cemetery with full military rites conducted by Carroll P. Foster Post 3455.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.