- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Georgia "Jo" M. Williams, 80, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008, at the Life Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 15, 1928, in Ellsinore, Mo., daughter of Elmer and Rosa Nelson Stokely. She and Calvin R. Williams were married Dec. 7, 1944. He died Oct. 10, 1998. She married Paul Williams in 2002.
She was employed as a seamstress and clothing designer all of her life.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Wilma Jo Palmer of Bakersfield, Calif., Sharon Woolly of Cape Girardeau; a brother and a sister.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
A graveside funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery, with the Rev. Raymond McAfee officiating. McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau is in charge of arrangements.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.