- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
A salute to Jackson School Board
To the editor:The residents of Jackson benefit every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by the members of the Jackson School Board. Our school board members are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. Jackson board members' service ensures that decisions about Jackson's public schools are made as close to the needs of our children and community as possible.
The week of Jan. 27-Feb. 2 has been declared School Board Recognition Week by the Missouri School Boards Association. It is a time for students, parents, faculty, staff and community members to honor these volunteers who serve public education on behalf of our community.
These public officials play a vital role in the education of Jackson students. They serve as examples for our young people, modeling the excellent tradition of volunteering that is a hallmark of our society. Please join me in recognizing the important contributions of our school board members: Gerald Adams, Cathy Goodman, Mack Illers, Dr. T. Wayne Lewis, Dan Stover, Terri Tomlin and Brent Wills.
Dr. RON ANDERSON, Superintendent, Jackson School District