- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)1
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
A salute to Jackson School Board
To the editor:The residents of Jackson benefit every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by the members of the Jackson School Board. Our school board members are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. Jackson board members' service ensures that decisions about Jackson's public schools are made as close to the needs of our children and community as possible.
The week of Jan. 27-Feb. 2 has been declared School Board Recognition Week by the Missouri School Boards Association. It is a time for students, parents, faculty, staff and community members to honor these volunteers who serve public education on behalf of our community.
These public officials play a vital role in the education of Jackson students. They serve as examples for our young people, modeling the excellent tradition of volunteering that is a hallmark of our society. Please join me in recognizing the important contributions of our school board members: Gerald Adams, Cathy Goodman, Mack Illers, Dr. T. Wayne Lewis, Dan Stover, Terri Tomlin and Brent Wills.
Dr. RON ANDERSON, Superintendent, Jackson School District