- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
A salute to Jackson School Board
To the editor:The residents of Jackson benefit every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by the members of the Jackson School Board. Our school board members are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. Jackson board members' service ensures that decisions about Jackson's public schools are made as close to the needs of our children and community as possible.
The week of Jan. 27-Feb. 2 has been declared School Board Recognition Week by the Missouri School Boards Association. It is a time for students, parents, faculty, staff and community members to honor these volunteers who serve public education on behalf of our community.
These public officials play a vital role in the education of Jackson students. They serve as examples for our young people, modeling the excellent tradition of volunteering that is a hallmark of our society. Please join me in recognizing the important contributions of our school board members: Gerald Adams, Cathy Goodman, Mack Illers, Dr. T. Wayne Lewis, Dan Stover, Terri Tomlin and Brent Wills.
Dr. RON ANDERSON, Superintendent, Jackson School District