- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
A salute to Jackson School Board
To the editor:The residents of Jackson benefit every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by the members of the Jackson School Board. Our school board members are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. Jackson board members' service ensures that decisions about Jackson's public schools are made as close to the needs of our children and community as possible.
The week of Jan. 27-Feb. 2 has been declared School Board Recognition Week by the Missouri School Boards Association. It is a time for students, parents, faculty, staff and community members to honor these volunteers who serve public education on behalf of our community.
These public officials play a vital role in the education of Jackson students. They serve as examples for our young people, modeling the excellent tradition of volunteering that is a hallmark of our society. Please join me in recognizing the important contributions of our school board members: Gerald Adams, Cathy Goodman, Mack Illers, Dr. T. Wayne Lewis, Dan Stover, Terri Tomlin and Brent Wills.
Dr. RON ANDERSON, Superintendent, Jackson School District