- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
A salute to Jackson School Board
To the editor:The residents of Jackson benefit every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by the members of the Jackson School Board. Our school board members are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. Jackson board members' service ensures that decisions about Jackson's public schools are made as close to the needs of our children and community as possible.
The week of Jan. 27-Feb. 2 has been declared School Board Recognition Week by the Missouri School Boards Association. It is a time for students, parents, faculty, staff and community members to honor these volunteers who serve public education on behalf of our community.
These public officials play a vital role in the education of Jackson students. They serve as examples for our young people, modeling the excellent tradition of volunteering that is a hallmark of our society. Please join me in recognizing the important contributions of our school board members: Gerald Adams, Cathy Goodman, Mack Illers, Dr. T. Wayne Lewis, Dan Stover, Terri Tomlin and Brent Wills.
Dr. RON ANDERSON, Superintendent, Jackson School District