- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mary F. Schubert, 81, of Jackson died Thursday, Jan. 17, 2008, at her home.
She was born May 26, 1926, in Arbor, Mo., daughter of Arthur and Sarah F. Moreland Hitt. She and Bill Schubert were married Oct. 27, 1956. He died Nov. 20, 2007.
Schubert graduated from Randles High School in 1942. She began working at the former Sports Specialty Shoe Factory in Chaffee, Mo., in 1943. She worked at the former Deal Nursing Home in Jackson five years, and had worked at Chateau Girardeau in Cape Girardeau from 1989 to her retirement in 1997.
She was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson, and was a volunteer at Byrd 1 Precinct voting poll.
Survivors include a son, Tyke Schubert; a daughter, Kimberly Moore of Jackson; six sisters, Juanita Myers of Randles, Mo., Elizabeth O'Neal, Jane O'Connell and Clara Phillips of Cape Girardeau, Ann Ashcraft of Overland Park, Kan., Shirley Bohnert of Oak Ridge; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Sunday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.