- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Joe Edward Beckett, 75, of Sanford, Fla., died Friday, Jan. 11, 2008.
The funeral will be today at Sunset's Houghton-Leasure Funeral Home, 200 E. West Street, Georgetown, Ill. Burial will be in Crown Hill Cemetery at Ridge Farm, Ill.
He was born Aug. 2, 1932, to Eli Austin "Tot" Beckett and Myrtle Serena Flynn Beckett. He grew up at 513 Bellevue in Cape Girardeau. He was married to Shirley Rose Ankrum May 22, 1955, in Ridge Farm.
Survivors include his wife, Shirley; two daughters, Christine Laverne Nash and husband Paul of Deltona, Fla., Susan Marie Young and husband Steve of Gainesville, Fla.; a grandson, Jason Lively and wife Cathy of Deland, Fla.; two great-grandchildren, Reese and Alexa Rose Lively; two stepgranddaughters, Beth Montgomery and Heather Young; two brothers, Eugene Beckett and wife Patsy of Cambria, Ill., Richard Hanes and wife Sherrie of Herrin, Ill.; as well as numerous other family members and friends.
Joe was in the military 20 years. He served in Germany, Vietnam and Korea. He was awarded the Purple Heart. After retiring from the military he moved to Sanford.