- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two dogs thrown from St. Louis overpass
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Two dogs were injured after being thrown 30 feet from an overpass into a parking lot, leading the state Humane Society to offer a reward.
The organization got a call Wednesday from a witness who saw a pit bull terrier and a large golden retriever or Akita mix falling from the overpass in north St. Louis. Authorities believe the dogs were thrown.
The group on Thursday offered $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
The pit bull is being treated for broken front legs. The other dog ran away but may have been seriously injured, the Humane Society said.
On the Net:
Humane Society of Missouri: http://tinyurl.com/2djwb6