- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Frank "Diesel Doctor" Lewis, 80, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2008, at the Sikeston Convalescent Center.
He was born Nov. 5, 1927, at Potosi, Mo., son of Omer E. and Irene Rector Lewis. He and Daisy Harp were married Oct. 2, 1956, at Kewanee, Mo.
Lewis owned and operated Frank's Truck Repair 28 years. He previously was a diesel mechanic with Cooney Equipment Co. and Saunder's Leasing Co. He was a member of New Beginnings Fellowship Church and had served as Sunday school superintendent.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Billy Lewis of Midlothian, Va., Nelson and Glenn Lewis of Sikeston, Jerry Lewis of Morley, Mo.; a daughter, Sara Freeman of Oran, Mo.; three brothers, Everett Lewis, of Harker Heights, Texas, Emmett Lewis of Russell, Ky., Melvin Lewis, address unknown; three sisters, Carolyn Patterson of Advance, Mo., Wilma Hailey of Sikeston, Blanch Sturgeon of Charleston, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Revs. Bill Martin and Doug Sikes officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.