- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Frank "Diesel Doctor" Lewis, 80, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2008, at the Sikeston Convalescent Center.
He was born Nov. 5, 1927, at Potosi, Mo., son of Omer E. and Irene Rector Lewis. He and Daisy Harp were married Oct. 2, 1956, at Kewanee, Mo.
Lewis owned and operated Frank's Truck Repair 28 years. He previously was a diesel mechanic with Cooney Equipment Co. and Saunder's Leasing Co. He was a member of New Beginnings Fellowship Church and had served as Sunday school superintendent.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Billy Lewis of Midlothian, Va., Nelson and Glenn Lewis of Sikeston, Jerry Lewis of Morley, Mo.; a daughter, Sara Freeman of Oran, Mo.; three brothers, Everett Lewis, of Harker Heights, Texas, Emmett Lewis of Russell, Ky., Melvin Lewis, address unknown; three sisters, Carolyn Patterson of Advance, Mo., Wilma Hailey of Sikeston, Blanch Sturgeon of Charleston, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Revs. Bill Martin and Doug Sikes officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.