- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Teens for jeans
Here's a good reason to clean out your closet and buy some new jeans: Do Something -- a not-for-profit organization that works to get teens involved in volunteering -- has teamed up with Aeropostale stores in its Teens for Jeans campaign.
Between Jan. 22 and Feb. 10 you can get 20 percent off new jeans when you donate yesterday's gently worn jeans of any brand. The companies aim to collect 100,000 pairs.
They'll take your jeans and donate them to teen charity or homeless shelter. Do Something claims that 1 in 3 homeless people in America are under the age of 18. They've enlisted the help of Rachel Bilson from "The O.C." and Hayden Christensen to film a public service announcement and be the shining faces for the Teens for Jeans cause.
-- Southeast Missourian