- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Naomi Ervin, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 17, 2008, at her home.
She was born May 10, 1923, in Allenville, daughter of Oscar and Reva Brown Dunn. She and Tommy Smith were married April 11, 1942, in Cape Girardeau. He died Aug. 2, 1974. She later married Roscoe Ervin Aug. 25, 1986, in Cape Girardeau. He died June 3, 2001.
Mrs. Ervin worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. many years and retired in 1986. She was a member of Faith Baptist Temple.
Survivors include a daughter, Carolyn Jones of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Bobby Dunn of Antonia, Mo., Don Dunn of Pevely, Mo.; a sister, Doris Lenz of La Rose, Ill.; six grandchildren, Terry Webb of Piedmont, Mo., Kim Beggs of Cape Girardeau, Darren Bullard of Jackson, Lisa Russell of Cape Girardeau, Bobby Jones of Dexter, Mo., Tommy Jones of Cape Girardeau; and seven great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents and husbands, she was preceded in death by three brothers, Jay, Alvin and Kenny Dunn; and a sister, Allene Shelley.
Friends may call from noon to service time Saturday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Troy Truitt officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society.