- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Virginia Thurlkill, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Feb. 5, 2004, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born May 30, 1918, in Haile, La., daughter of Jessie and Elizabeth Haile Ray. She and William Thomas Thurlkill were married Aug. 13, 1938, in Farmerville, La. He preceded her in death Dec. 23, 1980.
Mrs. Thurlkill was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Bill (Sally) Thurlkill and Ron (Gretchen) Thurlkill, both of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Lori Mosley, Billy (Mary Kay) Thurlkill, both of Fenton, Mo., and Jason Thurlkill of Austin, Texas; three great-grandchildren, D. Kyle Mosley, Deanna Mosley, and Tessa Thurlkill, all of Fenton; two nieces and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, J.S. Ray; and two sons, Bobby and Larry Thurlkill.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Gary Belcher officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the Senior Citizens Group at Lynwood Baptist Church.