- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
KC man charged in November death of baby son
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A Kansas City man is facing a second-degree murder charge in the death of his 9-month-old son.
Jackson County prosecutors say 27-year-old Daniel Taft is charged with second-degree murder, child endangerment and child abuse. He turned himself in Wednesday after the medical examiner ruled Savion Taft's death a homicide.
The medical examiner said the child died Nov. 3 of blunt trauma due to a fractured skull, broken ribs, abdominal injuries and a lacerated heart.
Police said the boy's mother called for officers after arriving home to find the baby unresponsive in his crib. At the time, police said, Taft claimed that "everything was normal" when he put the child down for a nap.
Information from The Kansas City Star: http://www.kcstar.com