- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
KC man charged in November death of baby son
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A Kansas City man is facing a second-degree murder charge in the death of his 9-month-old son.
Jackson County prosecutors say 27-year-old Daniel Taft is charged with second-degree murder, child endangerment and child abuse. He turned himself in Wednesday after the medical examiner ruled Savion Taft's death a homicide.
The medical examiner said the child died Nov. 3 of blunt trauma due to a fractured skull, broken ribs, abdominal injuries and a lacerated heart.
Police said the boy's mother called for officers after arriving home to find the baby unresponsive in his crib. At the time, police said, Taft claimed that "everything was normal" when he put the child down for a nap.
Information from The Kansas City Star: http://www.kcstar.com