- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Worth the drive
Less than 1 hour
Cache River Wetlands Center, Cypress, Ill.
The Cypress Creek National Wildlife Refuge will host the first of two workshops on photographing wildlife from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at the Cache River Wetlands Center.
Photographer Dave Brewer will teach participants how to photograph waterfowl. In January, waterfowl numbers peak in Southern Illinois.
For more information on the program, call the wetlands center at 618-657-2064.
Less than 2 hours
Fox Theatre, St. Louis
A different kind of show is coming to the Fox Theatre.
Part gaming, part rock concert, part symphony orchestra, it's called "Video Games Live." The show combines performances by orchestras and choirs with clips from popular video games from the medium's beginning to present. Random audience members are asked to come on stage and compete in video games while an orchestra plays in synchronization with the games on the screen. The show will be at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26.
Ticket prices range from $32.50 to $42.50 and include access to a pre-show festival and post-show meet and greet. For tickets, call MetroTix at 314-534-1111 or go to www.metrotix.com. For more information on Video Games Live, go to www.videogameslive.com.
Chase Park Plaza Hotel, St. Louis
The Sixth Annual St. Louis Food and Wine Experience will bring in foodies from miles around Jan. 26 and 27. Chefs, exhibitors and wine makers from around the world will be in attendance, including Ellie Krieger, host of The Food Network's "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger" and others.
Show hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 26 and noon to 5 p.m. Jan. 27.
Advance tickets are $35. Proceeds from the event benefit The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis. For more information, call 314-968-4925 or go to www.repstl.org.