- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Kathleen J. Bates, 59, formerly of Perry County died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2008, at DeGreef Nursing Facility in St. Louis.
She was born April 6, 1948, in Perry County, daughter of Leo and Christine Baer Winschel. She and Keith Bates were married Nov. 19, 1996, in Las Vegas.
Bates retired from Boeing Aircraft.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Robin Boyer of Chattanooga, Tenn., Russel Boyer of St. Peters, Mo.; two daughters, Konstance Boyer-Haegle of St. Louis, Karla Boyer of St. Johns, Mo.; a brother, Eugene Winschel of St. Louis; five sisters, Ellinor Miederhoff of Perryville, Delphine Geringer of Overland, Mo., Harriet Schnurbusch of Lemay, Mo., Connie Cook of Skokie, Ill., Gladys Schnurbusch of St. Louis; and seven grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday and from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, and the rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Catholic Church at Apple Creek, Mo. The Rev. Greg Oligschlaeger will officiate. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery at Apple Creek.