- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Marcella McCommons, 73, of rural Dongola died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2008, at her home.
She was born June 10, 1934, daughter of William and Myrtle Scronce Dillow. She and George McCommons were married May 5, 1951, in Piggott, Ark.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Carroll McCommons of Dongola; two daughters, Brenda Cooley of Dongola, Diane Kraatz of Jonesboro, Ill.; two brothers, Jim Dillow of Shannon, Ill., Gary Dillow of Olive Branch, Ill.; four sisters,: Lula Tripp and Shirley Simmerman of Dongola, Joyce Poole and Pat Webb of Anna; eight grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery.