- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Community cuisine 1/17/08
Men's breakfast to be held at Scott City
Scott City First Assembly of God is hosting a men's breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Saturday. The all-you-can-eat meal includes sausage, bacon, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy. The meal is free, but donations will be accepted. For more information, call 573-264-2365.
New McKendree to serve catfish, chicken
The New McKendree United Methodist Men will hold a fried catfish and chicken breast tenders dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Celebration Center across from South Elementary in Jackson. The meal also includes coleslaw, baked beans, spiral potatoes, dessert and drink. Children younger than 5 eat free.
Scott City church to hold fish fry
Scott City First Assembly of God is offering all-you-can-eat fish from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Jan. 25 at 312 Dearborn St. in Scott City. The price will be discounted for children 6 to 11; children 5 and younger eat free. Lunch meal is dine-in or carryout. For multiple carryouts, call ahead. Deliveries will be available in town only. The meal includes fried fish, coleslaw, baked beans, potatoes, hush puppies, tea and coffee. For more information, call 573-264-2365.
Salvation Army serves Meals with Friends
The Salvation Army will serve Meals With Friends from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Monday through Jan. 25 at 701 Good Hope St. in Cape Girardeau. Anyone is welcome to enjoy meals at no cost. Desserts include cake or pie. Monday's menu is turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce, rolls and butter; Tuesday's is taco, refried beans and applesauce; Wednesday's is shepherd's pie, applesauce, bread and butter; Thursday's is ham and beans, vegetable beef soup, applesauce, cornbread and butter; Friday's is chili dogs, pork and beans, chips and applesauce.
St. Augustine to serve sausage breakfast
St. Augustine Parish in Kelso, Mo., will hold a sausage breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Jan. 27 at the school gym. The cost is discounted for children 6 to 12, free for children younger than 6. The meal includes scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage and fruit.
Knights of Columbus holds Lenten fish fries
The Knights of Columbus St. Joseph Council No. 6420 will hold fish and chicken fries from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, March 7 and 14. Proceeds will benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital on the first; all others benefit St. Ambrose, St. Augustine, St. Denis and St. Joseph schools. Children 6 and younger eat free. The menu includes fish, chicken, cole slaw, hush puppies, potato wedges, baked beans, tea and coffee.
-- From staff reports