- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
McCLURE, Ill. -- Roy Lee "Pin" Ryan, 83, of McClure passed away Monday, Jan. 14, 2008, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 30, 1924, in Reynoldsville, Ill., son of Floyd Jasper and Lola Meisenheimer Mainer.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Ryan worked as a railroad engineer for Missouri Pacific and Union Pacific railroads.
He is survived by his wife, Nancy of McClure; five children, Terry Lee Rhodes and wife Deborah of Kansas City, Mo., Randy Scott Ryan and wife Carolyn Ann of Onarga, Ill., Tommy Ray Ryan and wife Daryl of Millstadt, Ill., Vicky Adell Rodgers of Columbus, Ind., Patsy Kaye Ryan of McClure; nine grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; two half brothers, Michael Mainer of Lebanon, Mo., Billy Mainer of Edwardsville, Ill.; and a half sister, Mary Louise Moss of Lake of Egypt.
Friends may call at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be held Friday at 1 p.m. at the funeral home. Interment will be in Jonesboro Cemetery with military rites conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 of Anna, Ill.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.