- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ST. MARY, Mo. -- Carolyn L. Kapelski, 64, of Highland, Ill., died Saturday, Jan. 12, 2008, at Fair Oaks Nursing Home in Greenville, Ill.
She was born Feb. 9, 1943, in Spring Hill, Tenn., daughter of Robert F. and Annie Lee Walker McKinzie. She and William E. Kapelski were married Oct. 15, 1960. He died July 13, 2002.
Kapelski was a member of VFW Auxiliary in Highland, Eastern Star, and Faith Pentecostal Church in Columbia, Tenn.
Survivors include two daughters, Anna Korte of Highland, Verna Grantham of Jackson; a brother, R.M. McKinzie of Columbia; Mary Dean of Portland, Ore., Maxie Hill and Betty Andrews of Columbia; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Basler Funeral Home in St. Mary.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Estes officiating. Burial will be in Masonic Cemetery at Lesterville, Mo.