- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
2 children die in mobile home fire in Northeast Missouri
KAHOKA, Mo. (AP) -- A rural area of northeast Missouri is mourning the deaths of two young children in a mobile home fire.
The fire happened about 3 a.m. Saturday as Anthony and Jackie Ball and their three children slept in their home near the town of Revere. The parents were able to get out with their infant son, but told firefighters they couldn't get to their daughters because of a wall of flames.
Killed were 4-year-old Felicity Ball and her 1-year-old sister, Taylor.
An investigation continues, but fire officials believe the blaze began at a wood stove used to heat the mobile home.
Visitation is Wednesday at Wilson Funeral Home in Kahoka, with a funeral scheduled for Thursday.
Kahoka is in Clark County, about 150 miles north of St. Louis.
Information from: KXEO, Chris Newbrough