- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
People on the move 1/14/08
Magazine: Cape installer among best in nation
Mobile Electronics magazine selected Danny McMillan of Stereo One in Cape Girardeau as one of top 100 installers of custom stereo and electronics gear in the nation. The selection is based on a poll of vendors and independent sales representatives that deal to electronics and stereo retailers. The list was published in the trade magazine's November issue.
Company recognizes drivers for safety
Genesis Transportation Co. of Cape Girardeau presented its 24th annual safety and awards banquet, recognizing drivers for their commitment to accident-free driving. A total of 15 awards were presented, including recognition of James Morgan of Benton, Mo., for 24 years and Otis Johnson of Parma, Mo., for 21 years.
Company adds two new sales representatives
Realty Executives of Cape County announced the addition of two new licensed sales representatives to its staff. Karen Lewis is a relocation specialist who has been in real estate for 25 years. Janet Harris also joined the firm.
Cape distributor gets nod for reaching goals
Kirby, a manufacturer of home care systems, announced that Cape Girardeau distributor Jeff Emmenderfer was recently recognized for reaching business goals set by the company. The recognition comes during a yearlong promotion for distributors to win prizes and trips for outstanding performance.
Organization selects new district manager
Bruce Qualls of Cape Girardeau was promoted to district manager for Modern Woodmen of America, a fraternal financial services company that was founded in 1883.
Millersville woman promoted to new post
Nicole Bilek of Millersville was recently promoted to independent director for BeautiControl, a Texas-based party-plan direct sales company with 102,000 independent consultants in the U.S. and Canada.
-- From staff reports