- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Tickets for banquet on sale until Friday
Anyone wishing to attend the annual banquet of the Jackson Chamber of Commerce and the Jackson Industrial Development Company has until Friday to purchase tickets. The banquet and awards will be held beginning at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Jackson Knights of Columbus Hall. For more information, contact the Jackson Chamber of Commerce at 243-8131.
Counseling sessions for small businesses offered
The Small Business Development Center of Southeast Missouri State University is offering counseling sessions for area small business owners and individuals planning small businesses at various locations throughout the region this week. In the area, Gil Degenhardt will present from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday at the Southeast Regional Planning Commission office in Perryville, Mo., and from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday at the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce, 1267 N. Mount Auburn Road. Anyone interested in an appointment in Perryville should call 573-547-8357; to make an appointment for the Cape Girardeau session, call 335-3312.
Nominations for annual awards due by Friday
Nominations for the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals annual ADDY awards must be submitted by Friday for consideration for this year's prizes. All work must be published or broadcast between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2007, in the Cape Girardeau-Harrisburg, Ill.-Paducah, Ky., market. Entry fees are $47 per submission for nonmembers of Tri-State AMP, $37 per submission for members and $20 per submission for students. Deliver or mail entries to Southeast Missourian Newspaper, Attn: Mike Tenholder, 301 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701. The ADDY awards banquet will be held in February at the Southeast Missouri State University River Campus. The local competition will follow the national ADDY rules. For more information, call Tenholder at 334-7100 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
<B>[--] From staff reports