- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Harriett Louise Redfearn Cope, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2008, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born May 9, 1922, in Modesto, Ill., daughter of Leslie and Doris Wylder Redfearn. She and Elmer Cope were married Oct. 8, 1944, in Waverly, Ill. He died June 3, 1969.
Louise was retired from Memorial Medical Center in Springfield, Ill. She was a member of Elliot Avenue Baptist Church in Springfield. Louise was a life member of Illinois Congress of Parents and Teachers, a Girl Scout leader, Sunday school teacher, and was very active at the Lutheran Home during her 15-year residency.
She is survived by a daughter, Elayne Allen (Mark) of Ypsilanti, Mich.; a sister, Melba Lyons of Waverly; a granddaughter, Rochelle Allen of Rockledge, Fla.; a grandson, Ryan Allen (Susan) of Melbourne, Fla.; a great-granddaughter, Emily Allen of Melbourne; two great-grandsons, Jackson and Aidan Allen of Melbourne.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Camp Butler National Cemetery in Springfield at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Lutheran Home, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703, or Elliot Avenue Baptist Church, 501 W. Elliot Ave., Springfield, Ill., 62702.