- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Margaret Anne Petty, 74, of Anna died Thursday, Jan. 10, 2008, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born Dec. 20, 1933, in Anna, daughter of Corliss Don and Bertha Marie Corbitt Keller. She and Frank Lyle Petty were married May 11, 1951, in Anna.
Petty is survived by her husband; two sons, Frank Petty of Bloomington, Ill., Stephen Petty of Anna; a daughter, Anne Marie Johnson of Davis Junction, Ill.; a sister, Sara Shaw of Camas, Wash.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Petty was a member of Anna First Baptist Church where she was secretary the past five years. She served on the church library committee and was past president of Auxiliary of Illinois Rural Letter Carriers Association.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna, and from 10 a.m. until time of service Monday at First Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Tony Foeller officiating. Interment will be in Anna City Cemetery.