- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Amelda "Millie" Shreckengost, 85, of St. Louis died Thursday, Jan. 10, 2008, at Delmar Gardens Nursing Center in St. Louis.
She was born Sept. 23, 1922, at Leopold, Mo., daughter of Gerhard and Anna Thele Vandeven. She married Maurice Shreckengost, who died June 23, 1983.
Survivors include two sons, James and Jerry Shreckengost of St. Louis; three daughters, Janet Pavelicek of Atlanta, Joan Oldhan and Joyce Barks of St. Louis; a sister, Dorothy Glastetter of Scott City; eight grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 3 to 8 p.m. Monday at Kutis Funeral Home South County Chapel in St. Louis.
The Mass will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Assumption Church. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Announcement courtesy of Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.