- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PATTON, Mo. -- Verda Louise Nance, 79, of Jackson died Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2008, at the home of a daughter.
She was born Sept. 11, 1928, in East St. Louis, Ill., daughter of Charles Sherman and Thelma Rose Psharas Sellner. She and Orvil Leonard Nance were married Sept. 28, 1944. He died May 20, 1986.
Nance was a member of Patton Church of God.
Survivors include a son, Kirby Nance of Marine, Ill., four daughters, Sharon Walker of Oro Valley, Ariz., Patricia G. Soileau of Jonesboro, Ill., Carolyn S. Devault of Marble Hill, Mo., Shannon Duc of Mary Esther, Fla.; 18 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother, a sister and a grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, Mo.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Eugene McIntosh officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery near Advance, Mo.