- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
McCLURE, Ill. -- Ethel I. Riedel, 75, of McClure passed away Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girar-deau.
She was born Aug. 6, 1932, in Pulaski, Ill., daughter of the late Honley "Whitey" and Pauline Colson Hooker.
Ethel was a homemaker and enjoyed gardening, but most of all, spending time with her family and grandchildren.
Loving survivors include her lifetime companion, Edgar Wachter of McClure; two sons, William Spencer and partner Joni Smith of Jackson, Wally Spencer and partner Gary Gardini of Reston, Va.; three daughters, Pamela Eichorst and fiance Richard Opgzewski of South Bend, Ind., Deborah Pipke and husband Dennis of Granger, Ind., Kimberly Spencer and fiance Gordon Cave of South Bend; a brother, Russell Hooker of South Bend; a sister, Mozell Holland of West Virginia; two stepdaughters, Deanna Davis of Freeburg, Ill., Krystal Moore of Scott City; seven grandchildren, Dawn Witt, Ashley Sykes, Kyle Gee, Lindsey Spencer, Jason and Courtney Lindblad, Billy Smith; a great-grandson, Cooper Reed; special friends, Bill and Willa Simmons, and Rick and Mary Myers of McClure, Pat Ruffin of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Vernon and Eileen Miller of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Sharon Burkart.
Friends may call from 12:30 p.m. to service time Saturday at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A memorial service will be held Saturday at 1 p.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Walter Patzwitz officiating.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the charity of your choice or flowers.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.