- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ORAN, Mo. -- Joe Weldon Gateley, 79, of Oran died Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2008, at his home.
He was born June 23, 1928, in Oran, son of Henry Milton "H.M." and Katie Lou Usery Gateley. He and Barbara Prindle were married Feb 18, 1950. She died Dec. 14, 1988.
Gateley was a manager with Skelly Oil Co. in Oran and retired as a maintenance worker at Southeast Missouri State University.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include a son, Gary Joe Gateley of Dexter, Mo.; a daughter, Vicki Spears of Oran; a brother, Melvin Gateley of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Maurine Foster of New Madrid, Mo., Kathleen Martinez of Woodland Hills, Calif., Melba Jane Gateley of Visalia, Calif., Ruth Hency of Oran; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until time of service today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. today at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield with full military honors.