- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mary Jo Horn, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Feb. 2, 2004, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Sept. 7, 1906, in Advance, Mo., daughter of Elijah and Melinda Taylor Jenkins. She and Stephen T. Horn were married Feb. 3, 1924, in Advance. He died July 23, 1964.
Horn moved to Cape Girardeau in 1942 from a farm west of town. She owned and operated Horn's Grocery on Broadway a number of years, and worked eight years at both Fischer's Market and Big Star Market.
She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, United Methodist Women, Wimodausis Circle, Wimodausis Sunday School Class and was a member of the bazaar committee many years.
Survivors include a son, Franklin Horn of Pearl, Miss.; a daughter, Donna Proffer of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. James Sanderson and Karen Mustoe officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.