- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
Halftime show was repulsive and shocking
To the editor:
I was utterly shocked and repulsed by the Super Bowl halftime show. And the exposing of Janet Jackson's body was only the fitting culmination of a fully lascivious program. The sexually explosive nature of the preceding lyrics and choreography of the performers was utterly and completely out of place at an event designed for family viewing.
My wife and I were furious that we were taken advantage of in our own home and that our children and their friends were subjected to such demeaning behavior. We will not entertain even the remotest thought of doing business with the show's sponsors or anyone else associated with the production.
FRED W. POSTON