- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Halftime show was repulsive and shocking
To the editor:
I was utterly shocked and repulsed by the Super Bowl halftime show. And the exposing of Janet Jackson's body was only the fitting culmination of a fully lascivious program. The sexually explosive nature of the preceding lyrics and choreography of the performers was utterly and completely out of place at an event designed for family viewing.
My wife and I were furious that we were taken advantage of in our own home and that our children and their friends were subjected to such demeaning behavior. We will not entertain even the remotest thought of doing business with the show's sponsors or anyone else associated with the production.
FRED W. POSTON