- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Halftime show was repulsive and shocking
To the editor:
I was utterly shocked and repulsed by the Super Bowl halftime show. And the exposing of Janet Jackson's body was only the fitting culmination of a fully lascivious program. The sexually explosive nature of the preceding lyrics and choreography of the performers was utterly and completely out of place at an event designed for family viewing.
My wife and I were furious that we were taken advantage of in our own home and that our children and their friends were subjected to such demeaning behavior. We will not entertain even the remotest thought of doing business with the show's sponsors or anyone else associated with the production.
FRED W. POSTON