- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Rep. Lichtenegger proposes change to term limits (12/4/17)7
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Buffalo Wild Wings moving to new location in March (12/2/17)2
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Halftime show was repulsive and shocking
To the editor:
I was utterly shocked and repulsed by the Super Bowl halftime show. And the exposing of Janet Jackson's body was only the fitting culmination of a fully lascivious program. The sexually explosive nature of the preceding lyrics and choreography of the performers was utterly and completely out of place at an event designed for family viewing.
My wife and I were furious that we were taken advantage of in our own home and that our children and their friends were subjected to such demeaning behavior. We will not entertain even the remotest thought of doing business with the show's sponsors or anyone else associated with the production.
FRED W. POSTON