- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BROWNWOOD, Mo. -- Fredrick Leon Caby, 67, of Brownwood passed away Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 25, 1940, in St. Louis, son of Milford Leon and Edith Wynona St. Clair Caby. He and Dianna Kelly were married Feb. 26, 1991, in St. Louis.
Fred was a retired truck driver and a member of Advance Eagles.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean conflict.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Fred Caby Jr. of Orange County, Texas; five daughters, Lisa (Tommy) Brooks of Orange, Texas, Tammy (Jr.) Loughary of Gideon, Mo., Patricia (David) Vaughn of Advance, Mo., Elizabeth (Jimmy) Tingle of Brownwood, and Jessi Brown of Brownwood; a brother, Wallace (Sue) Caby of Jackson; 14 grandchildren, Sadie Brooks, Kayla Caby, Brandon Caby, Cody Glover, Jordan Day, Brady Peters, Shelby Lindell, Tyler House, Tyler Vaughn, Dalton Tingle, Bradley Vaughn, Brandon, Beth Ann Loughary and Logan Vaughn.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Donald Ray Caby.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 9:45 a.m. Friday, with the Rev. Ronnie Winchester officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, with full military rites.
Pallbearers will be Billy Salsberry, Jr. Loughary, Phil Berry, Larry Emmonds, Cody Glover, Jordan Day, Bow Kelly and David Vaughn.