- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Boy glues hand to bed to avoid school
MEXICO CITY -- A 10-year-old Mexican boy dreaded returning to school after Christmas break so much that he glued his hand to his bed.
Sandra Palacios spent nearly two hours Monday morning trying to free her son Diego's hand before calling authorities, police chief Jorge Camacho said outside the northern city of Monterrey.
"I didn't want to go to school because vacation was so much fun," Reforma newspaper quoted the boy as saying.
Diego's hand was fine, and paramedics managed to unstick him in time for class.