- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Boy glues hand to bed to avoid school
MEXICO CITY -- A 10-year-old Mexican boy dreaded returning to school after Christmas break so much that he glued his hand to his bed.
Sandra Palacios spent nearly two hours Monday morning trying to free her son Diego's hand before calling authorities, police chief Jorge Camacho said outside the northern city of Monterrey.
"I didn't want to go to school because vacation was so much fun," Reforma newspaper quoted the boy as saying.
Diego's hand was fine, and paramedics managed to unstick him in time for class.