- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)43
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)3
Boy glues hand to bed to avoid school
MEXICO CITY -- A 10-year-old Mexican boy dreaded returning to school after Christmas break so much that he glued his hand to his bed.
Sandra Palacios spent nearly two hours Monday morning trying to free her son Diego's hand before calling authorities, police chief Jorge Camacho said outside the northern city of Monterrey.
"I didn't want to go to school because vacation was so much fun," Reforma newspaper quoted the boy as saying.
Diego's hand was fine, and paramedics managed to unstick him in time for class.